MCARTHUR RIVER MINE
We are committed to running safe, responsible, sustainable and competitive mining operations.
We seek to make a positive difference in the communities of which we are a part in the Borroloola and Gulf of Carpentaria regions and wider Northern Territory of Australia.
This extends to making positive contributions through our involvement in:
- a Community Benefits Trust, in 2019 injecting $1.3 million to community building activities
- working closely with Traditional Owners to respect and preserve the cultural heritage
- committing to the highest standards of environmental management and performance
- empowering our people to make the right decisions for their area of business
- implementing Glencore’s apprentice and graduate programs at the local level.
Who we are
Our world-class open-cut operation provides one of the world's finest sources of zinc and lead for use in everyday commercial and domestic products.
We offer diverse career opportunities and competitive remuneration for dedicated and driven people.