Social media house rules
We’re using social media to help us engage more directly with our stakeholders. Through our channels, we will keep you up to date about our people, operations, products, community activities and initiatives, events and organisations that we support. We want you to ask us questions, find out more about who we are, what we do and how we do it. We hope that you find our channels friendly, informative and engaging.
We encourage you to be respectful of other community members, adhere to the appropriate social media channel posting guidelines and understand that Glencore reserves the right to remove any content that:
- amounts to bullying, harassment or defamation
- is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive
- is threatening, abusive, obscene, offensive, indecent or objectionable
- is discriminatory in any way (including but not limited to discrimination on the basis of gender, sexuality, age, race, ethnicity, religion or disability)
- is trolling or deliberate disruptions to conversations
- is spam, self-promotion, junk mail, or files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people's computers or systems
- contains any personal details, including phone numbers, email address etc.
- presents a risk to health and safety
- contains or depicts profanity
- contains sexually explicit or pornographic content
- promotes, incites or instructs in matters of crime or violence
- violates the intellectual property rights of Glencore or another
- violates any law or regulation
- relates to any litigation or dispute with Glencore
- Glencore otherwise reasonably considers appropriate to hide or remove, at its discretion.
Social media accounts are moderated during business hours. We will reply to comments where appropriate and will endeavour to do so in a timely manner. A failure to respond to a comment or any other content does not mean we agree with or accept the comment as accurate or appropriate.
We reserve the right to:
- remove any content in accordance with the above
- remove users from the page who repeatedly breach the guidelines
- close comments if a moderation resource is not available
- change these House Rules at any time without prior notice.
By engaging with us on our social media channels, you agree that any material posted belongs to you and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of anyone else. You also grant us the unconditional right to use, develop, modify, adapt and publish your comments, materials and ideas in any format and on any channel, without notification or any other obligation to you.
These accounts are managed by Glencore Australia’s Communications teams. Please contact us through our social media channels or email communications team.
These house rules were last updated on 16 October 2023.