Social media house rules
We’re using social media to help us engage more directly with our stakeholders. Through our channels, we will keep you up to date about our people, operations, products, community activities and initiatives, events and organisations that we support. We want you to ask us questions, find out more about who we are, what we do and how we do it. We hope that you find our channels friendly, informative and engaging.
We encourage you to be respectful of other community members, adhere to the appropriate social media channel posting guidelines (i.e. the guidelines of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, SlideShare, Instagram etc.) and understand that Glencore reserves the right to remove any content that:
- is bullying, racism, or anything demeaning towards a person including pictures and videos
- is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent or deceptive
- is threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, indecent or objectionable
- is discriminatory in any way (e.g. racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist)
- involves trolling or deliberate disruptions to conversations
- is spam, junk mail, or files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people's computers
- contains any personal details, like phone numbers, email address etc
- is anything that promotes, incites or instructs in matters of crime or violence
- violates the intellectual property rights of another
- violates any law or regulation.
- is otherwise offensive.
Keeping this in mind, we reserve the right to address factual errors. Inappropriate or offensive comments will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to remove comments at our own discretion.
Users who repeatedly breach the page guidelines will be removed from the page.
We will reply to comments where appropriate and will aim to do so within a 24-hour timeframe.
We reserve the right to:
- remove any content that breaches the guidelines above and block any user that repeatedly violates these rules
- change these house rules at any time without prior notice
- use your comments, ideas and images.
By engaging with us on our social media channels, you agree that any material posted belongs to you and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of anyone else. You also grant us the right to use, develop, modify, adapt and publish your comments, materials and ideas in any format and on any channel, without obligation to you.
Please contact us through our social media channels, or alternatively, by emailing our communications team.
These house rules were last updated on 8 September 2020.