Indigenous Employment Pathways Program
Applications for Glencore Coal Australia's Queensland-based Indigenous Employment Pathways Program is now closed.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted over the next week to advise on dates and venues for the Assessment Centres and interviews to be held in Mackay for the Glenden program, and in Rockhampton for the Clermont program.
Here are a few more details about the program.
Program goals and locations
Glencore Coal Australia’s Indigenous Employment Pathways Program is structured to provide participants with the experience and job-readiness skills for Indigenous Australians who live in or have connection to the areas where we operate in Queensland and the New South Wales Upper Hunter areas.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- live in or have connection to the areas where Glencore Coal Australia operates in Queensland or in the New South Wales Upper Hunter areas
- be prepared to live away from home (the programs are based in Glenden and Clermont)
- be actively seeking full time employment
- be prepared to participate in an assessment/interview process
- hold a current driver’s license or be able to obtain one by the end of July 2022
- be able to meet Coal Board Medical requirements.
The program is broken into two phases:
- Phase 1 - provides participants with back-to-work skills, mine site compliance safety training and a range of life skills
- Phase 2 - includes training and work experience that aims to get participants job-ready.
At the completion of the 26-week program, participants will have fulfilled the requirements to obtain a Certificate II in Surface Extraction, as well as other employment ready skills. Glencore has partnered with WorkPac and JobTrail to assist in the delivery of the Indigenous Employment Pathways Program.
Applications for the Queensland-based program closed on 10 April 2022.
To learn more about the program, please contact:
Approvals and Cultural Heritage Manager, Glencore Coal Australia
Tel: +61 419 427 561
Email: Brian French
Relationship Manager, JobTrail Indigenous Workforce Solutions
Tel: +61 458 815 768
Email: Jodie Ahwang