Indigenous Employment Pathways Program
Applications for Glencore’s 2023 Indigenous Employment Pathways Program are closed. The next intake will commence in early 2024.
Program goals and locations
Glencore Coal Australia’s Indigenous Employment Pathways Program is structured to provide participants with the experience and job-readiness skills for Indigenous Australians who live in or have connection to the areas where we operate mines in the Bowen Basin in Queensland, and in the Upper Hunter Valley in New South Wales. Traditional Owners from within those areas are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians who live in or have connection to the areas where Glencore Coal Australia operates
- be working part-time, or unemployed and actively seeking full time employment
- be prepared to participate in an assessment/interview process
- hold a current driver’s license
- be able to meet Coal Board Medical requirements.
The program is broken into two phases:
- Phase 1 - provides participants with back-to-work skills, mine site compliance safety training and a range of life skills
- Phase 2 - includes training and work experience that aims to get participants job-ready.
At the completion of the 26-week program, participants will have fulfilled the requirements to obtain a Certificate II in Surface Extraction, as well as other employment ready skills.
Applications for the 2024 program are expected to open in early 2024.
To learn more about the program, please contact: