We are proud of the positive contribution our operations make for Australian communities.
The 18,720 direct jobs, including programs for graduates, apprentices and trainees, support 106,660 flow on jobs across Australia.*
Our $9.5 billion annual spend on goods and services, supports 8,660 businesses, including many local businesses in the regional communities where we operate.
From Singleton in the Hunter Valley, to Mount Isa in north-west Queensland and Borroloola in the Northern Territory, our contribution adds up for Australia.
In 2019, we directly contributed $14.8 billion to regional, state and national economies, including:
- Providing 18,720 direct jobs
- Paying $1.9 billion in wages and salaries
- Spending $9.5 billion on goods and services
- Working with 8,660 suppliers
- Paying $3.4 billion in taxes and royalties to state and federal governments.
Together, these contributions led to 106,660 flow on jobs and $29 billion in total economic activity*.