Glencore is committed to delivering positive and lasting social and economic benefits in the regions where we operate.
We support a comprehensive Community Investment program, partnering with a range of organisations delivering services and initiatives in key investment areas of:
- Capacity building, including education/training, enterprise development and economic diversity
- Additional needs identified in community planning at a local or regional level.
Our Queensland community partnerships include:
- Queensland Sea Rangers program
- Queensland Art Gallery
- Northern-Hairy Nosed Wombat Relocation program
- Grazing Best Management Practice (BMP) program with Fitzroy Basin Association
- Rolleston Health Clinic
- Wandoan Health Clinic
- Emerald Agricultural College scholarships and prizes
- Indigenous Youth Leadership Program
- CQ Rescue Helicopter
- Capricorn Helicopter Rescue
- Minerva Hills National Park visitor amenity project
Newlands Coal supports the community of Glenden through programs which involve education, child care, health and sporting/cultural activities.
The Newlands-Glenden State School Resource and Infrastructure Operations (RIO) program for Year 10 students has achieved State and national recognition.