Rolleston Open Cut Glencore is committed to delivering positive and long term social and economic benefits to its surrounding communities. Glencore has partnered with a range of local organisations delivering services and initiatives in key areas of:
- Health, e.g. Rolleston's Health Clinic,
- Environment, e.g. Minerva Hills National Park amenity project,
- Capacity building, such as education and training, enterprise development and economic diversity, e.g. Queensland Art Gallery, Emerald Agricultural College scholarships and prizes, and Capricorn Helicopter Rescue.
Rolleston Open Cut is also actively involved in a number of local community initiatives, which promote participation and open correspondence. Some of these include:
- the Rolleston Open Cut Community Fund,
- Community Benefit Fund for local organisations and projects (administered by the Central Highlands Regional Council), and
- Community Reference Group meetings held several times each year.
2018 Springsure Mountain Challenge